Thursday, February 12, 2009

3D ULTRASOUND

We have scheduled our 3D/4D ultrasound for March 5 (I'll be 30 weeks) and Butch is so excited!! I'm not certain of my feelings on having it done. One side of me wants to wait and see what he looks like when he's born, then the other side is curious a little. I had already convinced myself that I wasn't going to do the ultrasound, but Butch is really wanting it. Plus, we can confirm the fact that He is indeed a Boy! If he is indeed a she I don't know what we're going to do!!! But I'm pretty sure he's a boy. I'm not really worried about that. The picture above is obviously a 3D ultrasound picture showing the similarity of what he actually looked like at birth. It's pretty awesome of how it works, but freaky in a sense!
Just for an update on Week 27 & 28 - his eyes can finally open in the womb and he can see light changes depending on where I am. I have also put a flashlight against my belly and he kicks at the bright light! He is about 15 inches long and weighs about 2.4 lbs. He got hiccups for the first time on Sunday morning! It was so funny watching my belly jump every time he hiccuped (if that's a word!) And as I stated above, his little face is completely formed to look like what he will look like at birth, but he will have some more fat on his little chubby face! His hair is growing and he is constantly gaining weight and putting on baby fat. We are getting closer and closer to the birthday of my little boy!!! I am so ready for him to come so I can hold him and be the best mommy I can be! Children are such a reward from God and I'm so thrilled that God has allowed us the chance to raise Rylan in the Truth! What an awesome opportunity....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl! I wish I had gotten it done with Talon...Ohhh, and don't worry....No sonogram will take the place of holding that precious boy in your arms......
So when is your baby shower going to be? I know its at Tina's.....

Ashley said...

The baby shower is on March 7th at like 5 pm or something. I'm not positive on the time; that's just what Linzi was thinking.

Alana, Thank you so much for those clothes!! Mom brought them to my house and let me look at them and then she took them back to her house because we've been painting and our house was a wreck! But I really do appreciate it very much!!