Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Dresser/Butch's Birthday


So yesterday....I was finishing up some stuff and the FedEx guy pulls up!!! I was so ecstatic because I knew it was our crib and dresser we ordered for Rylan's room! Bless the poor guy's heart. He was probably almsot 60 years old and the crib weighed 86 lbs. in the box and he was struggling to get up our porch steps. You would think they would give them a little something to help them with transporting big boxes like that. He told me he needed a forklift! Then once we get the crib in the house, he says he has another one and it's even heavier. (which I already knew) The dresser weighed in at 110 lbs. I wish I had taken pictures of this man. I'm sure he is pretty sore today from trying to carry that weight. I was just worried about him dropping the boxes and messing up my nursery furniture! Anyway. So I called Butch and told him that the crib and dresser were finally here and he said he would come straight home from work so we could get one of them out and start working on it. He got home about 3:45 and we chose to work on the dresser because if we put the crib together in our living room, it would have to stay in our living room!! It's too wide to fit through the door! Butch had a Bible study at 6 pm and he told me he could work on the dresser for an hour and then he would have to start getting ready to leave. So we worked on it and it was pretty simple. I got very scared when I looked in the direction booklet and saw that it was ONLY pictures! But we survived through it. I think we did a pretty good job. The only thing that was left to do after Butch left the house for Bible study was the drawers had to be put together and I had those done when Butch got home. We are so ready for Rylan to come. We are hoping to have the nursery finished soon and that will make a world of difference to me....cause I have had the feeling that it was never going to get finished!!! But we're getting there. I sat awake last night thinking and suddenly realizing that I have 13 weeks left until I meet my first born son. I'm so proud and excited about what is to come.




Today is Butch's birthday, his 30th! I was awake at 3:30 this morning when his alarm clocks were going off - mainly cause Rylan decided he wanted to wake up and play soccer or whatever it is he was doing! So I got up and fixed some coffee for my birthday boy, Butch, and enjoyed the morning with him. I told him that next year he would have a 9 month old son here for his birthday to celebrate with him! He got excited about that. He thinks it's hard to leave home now and go to work...just think when that baby boy is here. But he does go to work for Rylan and me...so he says. =) He's the best husband and daddy -to- be I've ever known. I can't explain how much I love him. He is my best friend!!

3 comments:

Josh and Tiff said...

Awww...poor old guy! He probably almost had a heart attack, but that's okay...it was all worth it. I bet you are soooo excited about everything coming together! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Anonymous said...

Awww girl....That's really sweet!

Melody said...

Happy late birthday Butch!! And the room is looking great! I love the crib and dresser!