Thursday, July 23, 2009

It's Been 3 Months!!!


12 wks, 5 days

Rylan will be 3 months old tomorrow. I can't believe it. It's amazing how fast the time flies. Some days I wish he were still small and I could just cuddle him, but then there are days where he is laughing and kicking that makes me enjoy him getting bigger. He is growing like a weed! I'm going to weigh him tomorrow and measure his length and I'll post it so we can track his progress. He is sleeping real well at night. Most nights he wants to be fed about every 4-5 hours. But last night he slept for 8 WHOLE HOURS! He usually goes to bed about 8:30 and sleeps til about 11:00 am. (with his feedings during the night) When he is tired he wants his pacifier and his little security blanket next to his face. It's neat how he already has things he likes and wants. I cannot believe all the things he has learned in such a short amount of time. These are some of the things he can do:




  • Hold his head up on his own
  • Hold a rattle and bring it to his mouth
  • Kick his feet (you better get out of the way cause he'll kick you!)
  • Laugh - I enjoy this more than anything!
  • Smiling a lot more
  • "Talk" a little by saying something like ewww...lol
  • Get mad and burst out a mad cry that is loud and short - this is hilarious.
  • Watches his feet
  • Notices himself in mirrors
  • Just started kicking at the water in the bathtub
  • Watches the computer screen when I play his DVD Bible book that has Bible stories and songs.
  • Partially roll to one side


Butch and I are having a wonderful time being parents. There is nothing that compares to it whatsoever! Butch was riding a horse the other day and Rylan and I went out to watch him and Rylan enjoyed being out in the sunshine! I had him in the stroller so he wouldn't be getting sun directly on him and we strolled around and watched his daddy. He would just follow Butch on that horse and it was amazing to see how well he could focus in on that and just follow him with his eyes. I never knew how fast they caught on to things and learned. God really did do an amazing work when he created babies the way they are! Rylan has brought so much joy to our lives. I don't know what we would do without him. I barely remember life prior to having him.



Til next time - :)

No comments: