Tuesday, September 23, 2008

First Ultrasound


See the little "peanut" ?? =)

The baby's heartrate was 147 beats per minute!

Oh wow! I never thought I would ever be so speechless... but let me back up. Ok...Butch and I went to our first doctor's appointment today. We were scheduled for the ultrasound at 1:00 pm. Well they told me I would have to drink 32 oz. of water about 30 minutes before my appointment. So on the way there I'm drinking all this water and thinking "I'm going to have to pee so bad!" Well we arrived at the appointment a little late, but they didn't seem to mind. So they took us back in this dark room and told me to lie down. The nurse then put that warm gel on my tummy and went to hunting for the baby. (or that's the way it seemed to me..haha). She found our little miracle and my eyes were filling with tears. He/she looks like a little peanut right now, but hey, that's my little peanut! She then said she was going to see if we could hear the heartbeat. So Butch grabbed my hand and I immediately started praying that we would...then I heard the most precious sound in the whole entire world....our baby's heart beating so fast. It makes me cry just to think about that moment. The world stopped and I knew nothing else existed at that point. It was the most awesome experience I have ever had in my life.
After those wonderful moments we had, we then had to go meet the doctor that would deliver our child. Her name is Karla Kennedy. She is so wonderful! I loved her from the first moment I met her. She made us feel very comfortable and willing to do what WE wanted. We talked for a while, then I was examed and was told that everything looked great. Then I had to get blood drawn for some tests they were going to do. We did get some free stuff - and who doesn't love free stuff??? So needless to say, we left the doctor feeling so proud and anxious for the next 7 months. Oh yea, My DUE DATE is May 9, 2009 FOR SURE! Woohoo!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Hey!!! I'm sooo excited!!! I Love you guys, you are going to make awesome parents!!