Saturday, October 4, 2008

9 weeks On the Dot!

8 weeks, 6 days
So today marks my 9th week of having a precious bun in the oven! I know Butch probably thinks it has been longer...bless his heart. We've been reading a couple of books together. One is called The Expectant Father and the other (my fave) is called She's Having a Baby and I'm Having a Breakdown; Everything a Husband Needs to know - and DO - For His Wife. Let me tell ya, I'm so very glad I'm reading them with him because I know what they are telling him to do FOR ME! Haha! When something comes up I'll say something like, "Don't you remember what that book said about that? You're supposed to do this...remember??" I know he probably wishes I would stop referencing the book so much, but he never says anything. He's been really great through all the nausea, vomiting, headaches, mood swings, fatigue, and the best part of it all - the body changes. He has done real well with all the changes that have been occuring and I'm so proud of him. One thing that brings me to tears every day is when I hear him praying for me and our child. I am so blessed to have a husband that cares for his family. He gives and gives of himself to me and to others. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he will be an awesome Dad.
How Am I Feeling:
To tell you the truth, some days I feel awesome and feeling like taking on the world. Then there are those days that I feel that I can't get out of bed without getting nauseated and miserable! Today has been quite a mixture of things. We've done a lot of cleaning at the house and I've had to be on my feet for most of the day. It has made me nauseated, light headed at times, and just down right tiring! We have not finished, but we did get a lot accomplished. So I'm happy with what we got done. I just couldn't do it all in one day!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Wow!! Congratulations!!! I had no idea you were pregnant. That's so exciting!!! I'll definitely be checking your blog for lots of updates!

Natalie said...

Hey! I see a baby bump!!!!! I'm sooo excited can't wait to see you for lunch soon. Love ya!

Nat