Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Farewell First Trimester....

I am nearing the end of the first trimester and hopefully all the morning sickness, frequent bathroom stops, and fatique that goes along with it! I have had more nausea in the past two weeks then I've had since the early weeks of pregnancy. But it is subsiding and becoming few and far between. Thank God!!! But you know, it's all worth it when it comes to the end of the day and I've had a "knock down, drag out" kind of day...it really is completely worth it. I wouldn't trade anything for this little baby. And just an added bonus, Butch will get down and talk to the baby and I just love it! It makes me cry and feel all sorts of emotions - which is not hard for me to come up with at this point in my life! Now, for those of you *cough cough Chase*, who do not like reading the blogs where I talk about the development of the baby and how it has urine excreted into the amniotic fluid.....then don't go any further in this post because it will say something along those lines again today. =)

The producers. Now that the baby has completed the task of forming all the critical body structures, the organs go to work. The liver secretes bile, the pancreas produces insulin, and the kidneys form urine to carry waste away. The urine is excreted into the amniotic fluid. Our little one's intestines, which have partially resided in the umbilical cord, have moved back into the abdomen now that there's enough room to accommodate them. With muscle layers forming in the gut, it'll soon be time to get things moving through the digestive system, too.

Head long. Our little one is now about the size of a large plum, weighing less than 1 ounce and measuring anywhere from 2.6 to 4 inches. The head takes up half of that length, thanks to all that brain development. Over the next few months, the body will grow at breakneck speed to catch up. When our baby is born, the head will be only a quarter of his total length.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Yeah! it is so exciting entering the second trimester. Enjoy the next couple of months second tri was the best part of my pregnancies!

Anonymous said...

Ashley! I am soo happy for you! Congratulations!!!!!!! Pregnancy is awesome, and when that baby comes, your WHOLE life will be changed.

AHHHH! But I am just so happy for you! Please keep blogging pictures of your belly, I think its beautiful!

Second trimester is a LOT easier but it will fly by before you know it!