Monday, October 13, 2008

Spa Night


I have been at my grandmother's since yesterday. I came to spend some time with her and today she found out that one of her neighbors was having a "spa night." I wasn't sure about going because I don't know anyone but my grandma, but I went anyway. When we got there I was told it was my turn to get my feet massaged. Oh my goodness!!! It felt so wonderful. My feet were massaged with some type of cream and then they put these spa socks on my feet that were warm. After the foot massage was over it was time for the hand treatment. We put this scrub on our hands and rinsed it off and my hands were so smooth. After that we were all told to sit in the living room and put the cucumber eye pads on our eyes and lean our heads back and relax. There was a Cd playing with soothing music and the next thing I know the woman was giving me a hand massage! It felt so great. There was a guy on the CD that was instructing us to take deep breaths, relax, and think of a wonderful place. The one thing I could think about and picture in my head was the baby and Butch. The picture in my head was Butch leaning over the crib, looking down with a smile on his face at our baby, our little miracle. I am just looking in the nursery with a feeling of pure happiness and joy. During this relaxing time, I just wanted to cry and I was having to hold back my tears. Of course I'm emotional anyway, but it was almost more than I could stand. As I await the coming of our child, I become more and more anxious. My thoughts are centered on this child and how much our lives are going to change for the GOOD. So needless to say, the spa night gave me a good chance to think on good things!

No comments: