Monday, November 17, 2008

Week 15



Our nearly four-inch long gymnast is happily mobile inside my belly and if I'm really lucky, I will notice when I'm sneezing, coughing or laughing results in a little kick here or a poke there. Still, many women don't feel anything until the 17th week or later. Although the poking and kicking isn't very charming during sleeping hours, it’s a good sign as it means our baby is actually reacting to outside events. Yay! We’ve got ourself one active healthy baby! Their little elbows and knees are bending more freely this week and their little legs are finally growing longer than their arms and getting pumped up for prenatal Richard Simmons. haha. Many of their major organ systems are increasing in capacity—particularly that amazing tiny heart and complex circulation system, which is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood per day, and will increase to a very impressive 200 quarts per day by the end of the pregnancy. As far as hair goes, we’ve got some new scalp patterns beginning to develop on the head, although actual head hair is not yet present.


My thoughts:

I am highly anticipating the day we find out whether we're having a girl or boy! I have a doctor's appointment this coming Thursday, but it is just a regular check up. After my appointment I will get to schedule the ultrasound to confirm the gender of our little one! It's all I think about these days since we are getting so close to finding out. Since we've stepped over into the second trimester, I have not had morning sickness or as much fatigue. These past couple of weeks have been awesome. I've really enjoyed the pregnancy a lot more since I haven't been as sick and tired. The only thing I hate is the mood swings...and I know Butch is having a hard time with it. He doesn't understand how my moods are so different within seconds, minutes, or hours...and I don't either. It just happens!! The poor guy...he's been a good sport though. He has helped me get through the rough times of the pregnancy so far....and he has rejoiced with me in the happy moments - which are more frequent than ever!

No comments: