Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Rylan Jude

We are completely positive about our little boy's name!! We've been hashing it around, but the other night something really great happened that confirmed the name. We were talking about how we really liked this combination and Butch said "well let's go read the Book of Jude in the New Testament". We had two middle names picked out, so he wanted to see what Jude had to say. Well come to find out Jude is a defender of the faith and once we saw that we were completely decided on the name. Butch and I will have Rylan Jude as a reminder of what God's given us and what God wants from us in return. He wants us to be a defender of the faith!

I have not told many people this, but Butch asked me to testify about it at our church in Centreville a couple of weeks ago. He asked me to testify about a miracle God had performed in my life. Well my miracle is Rylan Jude. Butch and I had been trying to conceive for about a year and a half off and on and nothing was happening. I was crying at night wanting a child so bad! Butch and I had prayed ever since we'd been married that God would grant us the ability to have children, so I knew that God had heard all those prayers. Well in July Butch preached a sermon about the angel that would come and trouble the waters and people would get in to the pool to be healed. Butch felt that an angel was there in our service and he was troubling the waters for healing or miracles to happen. I was on the piano playing and praying and Butch had drug our baptismal tub over to the altar area ( it didnt have water in it) and he was pleading with people that needed a miracle from God to come and get in the tub and pray for their miracle. Well no one came, so I felt a urge in the Holy Ghost to go step in the tub and pray for my miracle, which was a baby. I stepped over into that trough and began praying and bawling my eyes out...I was asking for the little baby I knew He was going to give me. Well the next month, August, I got pregnant with my little miracle. God is so good and I won't ever forget what He's done for me! I will be a constant defender of the faith!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I looooooooooooooooove that name girly! I have never heard of the name Rylan, but it's awesome!

Tina said...

I love your testimony. And the name Rylan Jude!!! How kicking is that? I love it love it love it!!!

Melody said...

What a cute name!....and your testimony is awesome! I can't wait to see little Rylan Jude!!

Ashley said...

Thank you for the compliments on the name. Rylan's name is already settled down in our hearts and minds. We prayed that God would give us the perfect name for our little boy and He did! He always comes thru for us. I can't wait to see if he'll be our future drummer, piano player, or stand along the side of his dad and preach one day! God has a special plan and destiny for him. And we are so excited to see it come to pass - although I am NOT RUSHING IT! Who knows what God has in store??

JoXmas50 said...

I goggled "Rylan Jude" this morning as my granddaughter and her husband had a son yesterday and named his "Rylan Jude"! Rylan as it is one of their favorite names and Jude as Andrew's mother is "Judith" and they wanted to honor her. Warm prayers and best wishes on the arrival of your Rylan Jude!