Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving in Gatlinburg





Butch and I went to Gatlinburg for Thanksgiving week. On Monday we left and drove about halfway and stayed in a hotel overnight. Then on Tuesday we got up and headed to Gatlinburg. We had a great time. It was very cold up there, but so beautiful. From our room at the resort, we had a beautiful view of the mountains! This trip was our last until the baby is born. The traveling was really uncomfortable for me. The baby must have not liked it either because he/she was constantly moving!! I took it that the baby was not comfortable sitting in a chair and being cramped up for long hours! Even though we split our trip on the way to Gatlinburg; on our way back we went straight to my grandmothers for Thanksgiving....and the drive was 6 1/2 hours!! But we technically were on the road for about 8 hours because of stopping periodically for the restroom breaks and lunch break. It was the longest trip ever! We had a really great time being alone with one another. We talked a lot of names and plans. Of course we were constantly thinking of DEC. 11th! We are so anxious to find out whether we're having a girl or boy!!! I'm so ready for the suspense to be over with and I can know!! I told Butch last night that once we find out the gender that "it's on like a chicken bone" as far as getting the nursery decorated and finished! I am ready to know pink or blues??





2 comments:

Tina said...

I love Dec 11th too..that is Sophie's adoption day...only 6 more days until you know!! Hooray!

The Isbell Family said...

hooray!!!! I cant wait until you find out! by the way you look adorable with your baby bump! lots of love! Jeny