Thursday, January 1, 2009

ECSTATIC!!!

Butch and I welcomed the New Year in at my parents house last night and got up this morning, ate breakfast and headed home to spend some quality time together. We walked around outside, fed the horses, talked about all kinds of things, and finally came inside to take a nap! (We love doing that now....cause I can go to sleep ANYTIME/ANYWHERE!) Well instead of taking a nap when we got in...Butch told me he would like to watch the ultrasound video from my last doctor's appointment in December when we found out the baby's gender. I love watching it all the time - so of course I didn't put up a fuss. We were laying there on a pallet in the floor watching Rylan move on the screen and play with hands...oohhh...it just amazes me every time I watch the video! Well Butch decided he was going to lay his head on my belly and talk to Rylan. I thought to myself that I was hoping he would finally get to feel Rylan kick or punch...or something. He has been waiting so patiently to be able to feel the baby move. Well Rylan started kicking and Butch finally felt him move! He was so happy and I was too! I've been feeling very sad at the fact that he has not been able to feel Rylan move, and I do ALL the time! It just wasn't fair!!! So FINALLY - God answered my prayers! Butch was so excited that he felt Rylan moving. So today, the beginning of a new year, and the very first time for Butch to feel our child move....it's awesome!! (Just so you know = after we got over all our excitement we did indeed take a nap!!)

4 comments:

Tina said...

That is awesome! Whenever I wanted my babies to move caramel apples always did the trick! lol. Honestly I guess they would get a sugar rush or something..not to mention I love caramel apples!!

Melody said...

How awesome! And your little "baby bump" is getting so big!! You look great! There was no nap for me...for our Christmas present, the grandkids cooked supper at my little condo for our family....um....stressful??! =)

Anonymous said...

That's precious. When I was pregnant, my husband would laugh because Talon would get the hiccups and you could actually see my belly jump!! Haha, I am happy for you and Butch, girl.

Amberlin said...

aww...thats so sweet