Friday, June 26, 2009

Father's Day 6/21/09
















Father's Day was a very special occasion this year, not that it isn't always, but this year was Butch's first Father's Day to be celebrated. Over the past 2 months since Rylan was born he has been such a wonderful Father to Rylan. I could not have asked for anything better. He has been a wonderful example of what a Dad needs to be. I never doubted his capability of being an awesome Father because he has been an amazing husband and leader. I'm so thankful to have such a Godly husband and a Godly father for Rylan to look up to.










Last night as I was putting away the dishes from supper I was watching Butch talk to Rylan and give him a bath...I've never seen such sweet moments. I couldn't imagine my life without these two guys. It's the most amazing thing. What is even more amazing is when Butch comes to get Rylan from me and says "Mom, we're going to pray" (speaking for Rylan of course) - that's one of those moments that makes me realize I'm so blessed. How many Father's can say they take time out of their schedule every night to pray with their kids and wife? God has truly blessed me beyond compare.










Oh yea, to finish my Father's Day post - we went to church Sunday morning and afterwards went to my parents house to wait on them to get back from Florida. We wanted to have dinner with my Dad too; plus my parents were having withdrawals from not seeing Rylan for almost 2 weeks. HAHA. When they got home we went to eat and celebrated together. Mom and Dad brought us back some t-shirts that said "Rylan's Dad" and "Rylan's Mom." They also brought Rylan a onesie with his name and a bear on it and a couple of other outfits for souveniers. So all in all, it was a great day and I just want to say that I have a WONDERFUL DAD - I love you! AND I have a WONDERFUL HUSBAND and FATHER for Rylan - I love you MORE!

No comments: