Sunday, July 26, 2009

3 Month Stats

Morning times at our house are so JOYOUS!!



Those chunky cheeks are taking over his eyes! :)

Mommy Loves Rylan!!




my happy boy


sucking that thumb...hmmm..

1st time in his Horse Jumperoo
It neighs and "clip, clops" for the horses hooves when he jumps or bounces.






As promised, I am blogging to tell you the weight and height of my not-so-little boy at 3 months of age. =) I did not take Rylan and get him weighed, but my scales at home have been pretty accurate with what he has weighed at his actual doctor appointments. So I will say he is APPROXIMATELY 15 pounds!!!! I couldn't believe it. I know he is getting heavier, but my goodness...he is growing so fast. And he is 24 inches long. So he has gained about 3 lbs. in a month and grown an inch. Wow, it's just mind boggling. My son, my little baby boy, the one that was so tiny when he was born we felt like he would break, is just a little CHUNKY monkey! It almost brings me to tears every time I see Rylan doing something new. He is learning already and just picking up on things so fast. He's doing really great with holding the rattle and actually shaking it now. And, guess what - now this will break your heart - he slept thru the night 3 nights this past week! During the night I find myself checking on him to make sure he's ok...haha. Then in the morning I can't wait for him to wake up cause I've missed my time with him during the night when he would usually eat. I never thought I would say any of that!! You would think that I would be glad he's sleeping thru the night...well, I am, but it's another sign he's growing up and I'm not ready for that yet!!! I was in Wal-Mart Saturday and I was at Customer Service returning something and a lady came up with her little boy and she was looking for a school supply list for her child's 4th grade class. She was talking about how they just grow up so fast and it's almost like you blink and they are grown. I didn't have Rylan with me so she couldn't have known what was going thru my mind. I wanted to burst into tears! So all of you new moms that just had babies this past week - enjoy every minute of them being tiny and fragile and being dependent on you...cause there will come a time in the NEAR future they will be growing and want independence. And that near future will be here before you know it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashley, I love your kid! He is so adorable...My favorite picture is of him sucking his thumb!! PRICELESS!

Melody said...

Rylan is so adorable! And I agree with you...he is growing so fast! I can't believe he has been here 3 months!

Ashley said...

Thank you! Believe me - the time flies!!! It just doesn't seem he has been here for 3 months...maybe a month, but my oh my. It's definitely amazing.

Tina said...

He is such a doll! Luv that cheeky smile!!!