Monday, January 11, 2010

Ry's First Christmas and New Years


That was the best we could get on New Years Eve...Ry was so tired!


I love this full belly laugh!


Finally opening presents!








Daddy and Ry checking out the horse Gappy got him






Ry wearing his hat Nonna got him and opening some clothes she got.






The family I love






We had a busy Christmas this year. It felt like we went all over the world...even though we stayed in Alabama. On Christmas Eve, we went and stayed at my parents house in Pelham and had our Christmas there. It was a lot of fun watching Rylan open his gifts and enjoy all the excitement. He had a great time and is thoroughly enjoying all of his presents. He got lots of new toys and clothes from everyone. On Christmas Day we traveled to my grandma's in Sulligent and opened gifts there with everyone. It was really hard this year because it was the first year without my grandpa and we all had a difficult time with that. But we did have little Ry to look to and enjoy. We stayed for a while and then left and headed back home to do Christmas with just Butch, Rylan and me. It's one of those times you just wait for when you have a baby...the first Christmas. We had our own little family and it was such a blessing to be able to be together and enjoy another "first". We shared another "first" with Ry just a week after Christmas when New Years rolled around. We didn't go out or do anything special. We went to my parents and stayed up with them til the clock struck 12 midnight. Then we drank our glass of red grape juice and went upstairs to be alone with just the three of us and we prayed for this new year and all that is to come.



I have way too many pictures to post them all...so these few will have to do!

2 comments:

Tina said...

SHE LIVES!!! hee hee. Thanks for the update! You have such a beautiful family!

Ashley said...

Yes I am alive! Ever since I started working I hardly have time to do anything I really want to do! I'm so disappointed in myself for not keeping up with my blog. I'm going to try and do better. I have so many pictures to share and stories to tell....thanks for not giving up on me though!! :)