Monday, February 11, 2013

Family Update

Soo...it's been a while since I've written on this blog. I am not even sure who still follows it or gets updates when I do post something. I may be writing strictly into the internet world for people who may come across it accidentaly and not care what is written. BUT, it will be here nonetheless.

Since my last update, which I think was in September 2012, we have found out some news that was all together great and frightening at the same time. We are pregnant and expecting a new baby! For some, it is the greatest news on earth, for some it is the scariest because maybe it wasn't planned, and then for some it is great and scary - well, that was us. You see, I have a problem.... It wasn't discovered until after my second miscarriage in August 2012. My doctor wanted to do fertility testing and see if they could determine what was happening before we had to miscarry again. I was very thankful that she wanted to go ahead and do that, but I was scared of what she would find. Having the two miscarriages were completely unexpected to me because I had gotten pregnant with Rylan and not had any problems during my pregnancy that threatened a miscarriage. But, your body can change, and apparently mine had. I waited a few weeks and got a call from the doctor that I had a blood clotting disorder, also known as, antiphospholipid syndrome. The good thing about this "problem" was that they could put me on a baby aspirin a day and when I got pregnant I would start taking a blood thinner injections twice a day along with the baby aspirin. It seems like a lot of trouble, but to me, every shot, every pill, is worth it!!

My mom, brother, Rylan and I were on our way to Grandma's for Thanksgiving and we had stopped to eat and I got kinda nauseated. I had also been sick with a sinus infection and bad cough. We had been trying to get pregnant so I was being very cautious with what medications I would take. After  we went to eat we went by Walmart for me to run in and get some cough medicine. I had picked up the Delsym (knowing I wouldn't need to take it if I was pregnant) and a Robitussin DM. Then I stopped by the family planning section and bought the cheapest pregnancy test. I checked out and headed straight to the Walmart restroom! Well it didn't take but a 30 seconds and it was positive! Butch was at home because he was having to work that weekend, so I sent a text message of a picture with the positive pregnancy test - then I called him! The reality of what was happening hit me while I was on the phone with him and I was scared....scared of losing another precious baby. When I got to the car I pulled the picture of the positive pregnancy test up on my phone and showed my mom and Chase - they were of course excited! When we got to my grandmother's I had to go back in the bedroom and just pray that God would give my doctor and nurses the wisdom they needed to deal with my pregnancy and I prayed for PEACE! I knew I was going to have to have the peace of God to get me through this day by day. I litereally couldn't wait to call my doctor on Monday and get the ball rolling. When I did talk to them on Monday, I had to come in that afternoon and do bloodwork and then Wednesday as well. In the two day gap, my HCG had tripled so that was a very good thing. Even though everything seemed to be going ok, I was taking the shots, taking my meds and doing what I could do, we still didn't tell many people. I eventually just got to the point where I thought, either I trust that God has this in control and everything is going to be ok, or I don't. I think I posted on Facebook and made the announcement after our first ultrasound at 7 weeks. I had another ultrasound at 9 weeks and a doc visit at 12 weeks and the baby was still growing strong. I have a fetal doppler which helps me from being so nervous in between doctor visits. I love listening to the heartbeat and feeling the little kicks and rolling around. It's an amazing feeling and I thank God every day that our baby is healthy.

Tomorrow is my 16 week visit, pretty uneventful one. But in two weeks, we will be having our ultrasound to determine gender! It has went by pretty fast this past month. I never thought we would get this far in a pregnancy ever again, but God has been right beside us the whole way and given us peace about our miracle baby.

Just wanted to share our news and how it came about...thank you all who kept us in your prayers!!!

OH YEA---OUR BABY IS DUE AUGUST 1, 2013

No comments: