Wednesday, March 11, 2009

32 weeks

It's been a while since I updated on the development of our little man...or our "not so little" man. I will be 32 weeks this Saturday and one step closer to having my baby in my arms. He is about 4 lbs. now and is 17 inches long. He is trying to escape from my belly - or that's what it feels like. I know he is running out of room to rock and roll like he used to, so now all he can do is poke and prod at me and kick HARD! He gets real energetic sometimes and just does drumrolls it feels like. The hiccups are another thing that's precious in itself (unless you're trying to sleep!!) He gets those quite often now...about 4-5 times a day. At least his lungs are getting practice with the hiccups. The heavy news: I can expect our miracle-gro muffin to gain about a half a pound of weight per week from now until about two weeks before birth. That means more weight to carry around!!! But the healthier he is, the better.
I have never enjoyed anything as much as I have this pregnancy. As all of my followers know from my previous post that Butch and I had tried for about a year without getting pregnant. So when we did get pregnant, it was such a blessing and miracle. I have had rough spots in the pregnancy and the gestational diabetes has not been a walk in the park. But Rylan is worth anything I have to change or go through. He is my ultimate reward for the bumps in the road. I can not wait to have him in my arms and be the best mommy I can be for him. It's hard to believe that the pregnancy is almost over, but I'm glad to be getting closer to seeing my little man's face, hands and feet...Thank God for the reward of children.

No comments: