Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sleeping All Night - HOW SCARY?!?

kicked back relaxing in his bouncy seat

sleeping the day away as daddy would say!

Mommy and Rylan Jude


14 weeks old



Kisses for Rylan!




I know all you newer moms are going to be completely jealous when I say that Rylan has slept thru the night the past few nights! (*cough*Casey*cough*)lol. But your day is coming sooner than later, hopefully. The first night, which was this past Saturday, Rylan really scared me because we went to bed at 10:00 pm and I evidently went out like a light and did not get up til 6:30 am to get ready for church and I realized that I had not gotten up during the night to feed Rylan!! I immediately went to the bassinet to check to see if he was breathing (this fear is a VERY SCARY thing) He was still breathing, thank the Lord, and so I went ahead and got dressed for church and figured he would be awake by the time I got finished - nope! By this time it's like 8:00 am, so Butch woke him up and we got him fed and headed out the door for church. So all in all he slept a whole whopping 10 HOURS without waking for a feeding...WOW! I thought that it was just a one night thing, but on Sunday night, he did the same thing, only for 8 hours between feedings...but hey, I'm not complaining. I do have to admit that I do miss our time together during the night, even though I'm barely awake! It just makes me realize he is growing up already. How bittersweet can it get? On one hand you want them to sleep thru the night and then the other wants that sweet precious time during the night when he is smiling at you while he's being fed and you know he loves you just by the look in his sweet little eyes...and they are also saying "thanks Mom for taking care of me"...I guess???!!? I'm pretending that's what he's saying..haha. Babies are truly a gift from God. I love Rylan more than anything in this world. I am just not ready for his next big boy steps....whatever it might be.

No comments: